Congratulations, another year in the jovoto history book has been written, and we did it together! Now as the year draws to an end, it’s the best time to reflect and celebrate all we’ve accomplished!
So what has happened this year?
- You have successfully completed 66 projects, and earned over €674 500 in awards– more than any year before!
- You’ve connected with dozens of clients, represented jovoto and presented your work at the Mercedes-Benz accelerator program, rocked workshops with Deutsche Bank and with Festool, and presented at our Future of Food event in Berlin. Plus you’ve travelled to Tokyo, London & Berlin; and sailed the seas on Coboat while learning new skills and developing as creatives. (Wow!)
- You have delivered top-quality work in our new “Invite Only” projects, receiving €118 808 in guaranteed payments for your work. (Expect more of that in 2017!)
- We’ve had an awesome makeover to our profile and signup pages – which is only the first step in an exciting roadmap of platform development.
- We’ve introduced the Newcomer & Fairest Rater Awards to help new creatives in our community succeed and to create a fair working environment. Also, our new Halftime Awards encourage you to submit early, gain feedback and further develop your ideas.
- We adjusted the award structure so you can earn more Client Choice Awards in each project, helping to make jovoto a more professional place to work.
So let’s celebrate our community and the people that have helped make it all possible!
A big round of our applause for the best collaborators:
Thank you to mariya_vasileva, Corina Rosca and wildyracing for creating outstanding work by collaborating with other creatives from different corners of the world. Collaboration is at the core of what we do, and you really make 1+1=3 a reality. Thank you for spreading the jovoto spirit!
Hats off for the best feedback givers:
Thank you to jorkuff, JustaPR, joyleen, Xavier & Clari, who have all given great feedback to others that have helped them take their ideas to the next level. Feedback is also at the core of what we do, and by sharing your knowledge with others you make sure our community is constantly developing!
A solid thanks, and high five to voilenalex for earning the most Client Choice Awards:
You manage to hit the nail on the head over and over again! Great insights, focus on the brief and finding the best solution to fit the client! (If you want to learn more about how Alex does it, read an interview with him here.)
And a big cheer for mariya_vasileva, who won the most community awards:
Last but far from least, thanks (again) to mariya_vasileva for creating amazing work that our community appreciates and looks up to!
Also! Thank you to all the additional fairest raters, newcomers, and halftime award winners. You all are a big part of making our platform a supportive, fair & diverse workplace for creatives worldwide!
So what can you expect in 2017?
- Even more Invite Only projects with guaranteed payments, offering more you more stability to accompany the platform’s flexibility.
- More learning possibilities with the launch of joCademy, a new initiative focusing on helping you succeed as an independent designer.
- New vivid and detailed creative profiles with more opportunities to showcase your work. Here’s a little teaser:
As for jovoto maturing and growing, we will continue to bring you the coolest clients and projects while developing new features that will make your everyday life on jovoto even better.
We are more excited and capable than ever before to build the workspace of the future for you and other creatives worldwide. Thank you for making 2016 a success. A happy new year from the whole jovoto team!